The beginning of my final module

 I feel a mixture of emotions.


Firstly, there is the feeling that my degree is coming to an end, meaning this chapter in my life is ending. The idea of searching, applying and interviewing for graduate jobs scares the life out of me but it must be done. Secondly, my motivation has gradually declined as the almost 5 years have gone by since I started. It's hard accepting that uni has started up again and the amount of work needed this module is kind of terrifying. Thirdly, I'm impressed I continued this blog throughout that journey!

It's not starting out good for this module. I'm doing an experimental research project for starters and I'm already unsure about my tutor. The tutorial we had last night was just awful to say the least, probably the worst I've experienced in my entire degree. He didn't give me much hope for the rest of the module tbh.

My body has decided to betray me once again though. This week has been hard fatigue wise. I have been unproductive yet again because of it, despite starting a little early and getting a bit ahead. Even when I was trying to nap (and being rudely disturbed by my dad), I couldn't fall asleep and I had developed a headache/migraine that I just couldn't shake off even with rest. I really just want to crack down on the work and get it done but it's so hard to do when you feel so dreadful all the time. 

Week 2 is literally going straight into the first assignment, and Week 2 starts on Saturday. It's nearly bed time now and I don't study on Fridays usually as it's my long day. I've read nearly all of the relevant chapters, but I wanted to be ahead and now my body is putting me behind and it's really frustrating. I just need to finish the end of Chapter 2 which is pretty neuropsychological. I have been picking up the little subtleties in the chapter that should help me with TMA 01 but since then, my mind has gone to mush and I can't bring myself to note take, so I feel like my ideas are escaping my mind as I type this.

I can't wait to finish this degree, yet I still feel like it won't be enough in today's job market and I guess that's depressing me a bit. Life is hard right now, and always. 

Comments

Popular Posts