Things are going better than expected (for now)

My TMA 03 results came in and I scored an amazing 86%! My tutor has been quite positive with me in the forums too, saying that I was working well/ahead (though I don't feel that's the case) and he said that seeing the scores I'm getting, that he can only expect good things with my final project! So that was a real boost that gave me so much more motivation, though I don't have much confidence in my final write up. Plus we have to write that as well as TMA 04 and work on the final two essays. There's so much work to come that right now it feels like the calm before the storm.

I overcame the hurdle I felt would be the biggest this year though and that was actually building the experiment in OpenSesame. I have completed that stage and have begun data collection; I already have 8 data samples! The next tricky part is data analysis, whilst working on TMA 04, then the even trickier part of my project report for TMA 05. I guess maybe TMA 05 will be the biggest hurdle in this module. I haven't written an experimental write up since DE100 and that was quite a rudimentary one - they essentially gave us a lot to work with and it was largely a case of filling in the blanks, except we did have to do some data analysis. I feel like I've forgotten so much about SPSS and data analysis, so I'm really hoping I can do well with this project.

I still can't believe that I am nearly at the end of this degree, and that I've kept up with a blog for so long! I'm usually terrible with blogs.

Comments

Popular Posts